Saturday, October 03, 2009

Prat alert

Giles Coren, 25 April 2009:
I have been a Labour supporter all my life.
...
And then, on Wednesday, there was the Budget. I will lose all of my personal allowances. I will pay tax on a fair whack of my income at 50 per cent… And, worst of all, I won't be able to squirrel away huge chunks into a private pension so as dramatically to reduce my tax liability.
When I heard this, I immediately had two thoughts. ... My first thought was: “God, I'd better call my accountant and find out how we're going to dodge this.” And my second thought was: “Hell, I'd better vote Tory.”

Giles Coren, 3 October 2009:
The Sun sure got a lot of good coverage for its U-turn... So I thought maybe I should make one.
Unfortunately, as I haven’t ever expressed support for a single political party, I haven’t got one I can switch from. So I shall just have to come out and say that I have totally changed my mind about everything I stand for, and will from now on be writing my columns in support of the, er, other people.
After all, I’m no different from The Sun. I don’t want to get caught on the losing side when, frankly, it doesn’t make any difference to me one way or the other who wins...

1 comment:

Richard T said...

Glen Slag? About as consistent as Auntie Glenda without the wit and charm